Accepty is a trading style of Accepty Technology Ltd ("we" or "us"). We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 839295). Accepty Technology Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales at Unity House Hercules Park, Birdhall Lane, Cheadle Hulme, Stockport, United Kingdom, SK3 0UX.
We provide technology to businesses that enables the request and receipt of eligibility-checked, guaranteed APR credit product quotations from leading credit providers. This consists of an online service for individuals seeking credit, whereby we collect and process an individual's loan application information, communicate the credit options available from our panel of credit providers, and, at the individual's request, take steps to introduce that individual to the most appropriate credit provider or any other credit provider available on our panel. Our "Service" will be defined as set out in our Terms.
It is as important to us, just as it is to you, that any personal information about you that is provided to us is treated securely and confidentially. This notice sets out what information we use and how we use it.
By your ‘information’ we mean any information linked to you or anyone associated with you that you or any third party provides to us, which may or may not be personally identifying.
How we collect information
We collect information in the following ways:
- When you make a credit application on one of our websites or apps or on a website or app belonging to a business that uses our technology.
- When you contact us via email, phone or otherwise.
- When you grant us access to read your bank/building society/other financial account information or when you grant a business that uses our technology to do the same and shares that information with us as part of your credit application.
To enable you to grant us access to read your financial account information, we work with Consents.online Limited who are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (reference number: 792642) as an Account Information Services Provider to provide Open Banking services. Should you make a credit application via a business that uses our technology, they may use a different Open Banking service provider to enable you to grant them access to read your financial account information, which may be shared with us when you make a credit application.
What information we use
We will use only information required to compile an application to request credit quotations from our partnered credit and financial service providers. This will be some or all of the information provided to us during your credit application, specifically:
- Identity information - information about who you are.
- Contact information - information about how to contact you.
- Employment information - information about your occupation.
- General information - other information about you that is relevant to a credit application.
- Financial account information - information about your bank/building society/other financial accounts and transactions for the past 180 days.
- Technical information - information about the device you use to make a credit application.
Using and disclosing your information
We may process your data in the ways described below:
- Our partnered credit and financial service providers may share your information with their respective credit reference agencies in order to help them determine an appropriate credit product quotation. For details on who these credit reference agencies are, you can contact the credit and financial service provider directly or us.
- We have contracts in place with each of our partnered credit and financial service providers that requires them to keep your information secure, not to share, sell or rent it to third parties except for the purpose of providing their credit and financial service offers to you, and not to use it for their own marketing purposes.
- We may provide your information to anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us, where your personal information is processed. These service providers are:
- We may email you, at the point you request credit offers from us, with a link to view your credit offers and related services. We may send further follow-up communications via email and text regarding your credit offers and related services.
- Upon requesting loan offers from us, our partnered credit and financial service providers may contact you via phone, email or text message about their products or services.
- Except as described above and also when it is required by law for us to do so, we will never share your information with third parties.
- We will never sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will never use your information for marketing purposes.
Legal basis for using your information
Our lawful bases may include consent (where given), performance of a contract (where processing your information is a necessary to perform our contract with you, such as delivering our Service, compliance with our legal obligations and our legitimate interests:
- Consent - We seek consent to process certain information where we're legally required. You have the right to decline to consent or withdraw consent at any time.
- Contract - We require you to give us your information and retrieve information from Account Providers in order to provide with our Service as agreed in our contract with you.
- Legal obligations - We retain your information to respond to enquiries and complaints.
- Legitimate interests - We may process your information to fulfil our legitimate interests and the interests of our service providers. You have the right to object to the processing of your information at any time for this purpose
Retaining your information
We may retain your information in a non-anonymised format for as long as it is required to provide our Service to you. This is ordinarily no longer than 3 months, where we may delete or anonymise your data for analysis, profiling and research purposes. We may retain your information for longer if we cannot delete or anonymise your data for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
Where we receive financial account information about you from Account Providers, if you actively revoke consent for us to access this, we will immediately delete or anonymise your financial account information.
Securing your information
Information exchange between 3rd parties and Accepty, and Accepty and our partnered credit and financial service providers is secured using using HTTP over SSL/TLS to protect the privacy and integrity of the information.
Maintaining your information
With the exception of your name, email, contact number, or address - none of which we store - information from your application and the subsequent management of the account will be maintained on both our secure accounting systems and central databases indefinitely. These systems and databases are located remotely within the EEA. We do not pass information outside of the EEA.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
You may exercise your statutory rights in respect of the information we hold about you:
- Review - You may request copies of any records we hold of you.
- Correction - You may ask us to correct any information that we hold of you.
- Deletion - You may ask us to delete any information where there is no reason for us to process it, where you have successfully objected to us processing it, where we have processed it unlawfully or where we must delete it to comply with local law.
- Objection - You may object to us procesing your information where we (or our service providers) rely on a legitimate interest and in cases of direct marketing.
- Restriction - You may ask us suspend procesing your information where you want to establish your information's accuracy, where our use is unlawful, where you require us to hold the data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or where you have objected to our use and we need to establish whether we have overriding legitimate grounds.
- Transfer - You may ask us to transfer information provided to us under your consent or used in connection with performance of our contract with you to you or a third party.
- Withdraw - Where we rely on consent to process your information, you may withdraw consent.
To exercise these rights, please contact us.
Review, correction and deletion of information
You have a right to request copies of any records we hold on you. You may also request that we correct and delete any records we hold on you insofar as we are permitted to do so by law. You can request this by email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than one month from receiving it.
Giving feedback or making a complaint
Listening to your views helps us do what we do better. If you have any feedback, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we do get something wrong we want to know about it so we can put it right. We treat complaints seriously. If you have a complaint please contact us by writing to our Complaint Department at email@example.com. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at any time. See the ICO's website for information: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we may make to this privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Accepty Technology Limited, Unity House, Bird Hall Lane, Hercules Park, Stockport, Cheshire, SK3 0UX.